Wednesday, September 27, 2006

What's that sonny? I can't hear you!

I'm going to be one of those 80 year old grammas who wears here 3-inch thick tri-focals AND uses a magnifying class to read her books.

I had my annual eye/contact exam this aternoon and my eyes, have, once again, gotten worse. I first started wearing glasses as a freshman in college. The next year I switched to contacts because I was wearing my glasses more and more ... and now I wear my contacts 12 hours a day. Last year my eyes had deteriorated (my left eye moreso than my right) and this year was no different. When I got home I put on my new contact lenses to see if they work - and DAAAAAAAYUM! I can see again! My TV is CLEAR again! My laptop screen is a bit blurry because my eyes haven't adjusted to the new strength of these eyes, but Dr. K said that it would get better. :) Anyway - I can see again - it's a miracle!*

I've been having good & bad days lately - both physical health-wise and mental/emotional health-wise. I'm still concentrating on five minutes at a time and still surviving so that's good. I'm also relatively happy in it all, too. I had to tell Dr. K today that Bobby and I were divorcing (she knows him because he volunteered & job-shadowed her at one point) and she felt worse hearing it than I did telling her. I guess that is a good sign though.

I can do this.
I will do this.
I am doing this.

* anyone who can tell me which movie that line is from, you get 47.5 imaginary points

No comments: