Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Twice in one day?

So, I lost almost 20 pounds right after Bobby dropped the bomb on our marriage - and from what I can tell about my body - not by numbers on the scale - I've gained most of it, if not all of it, back. I didn't want to gain it back ... but I'm seeing myself turn to food for comfort. I don't want to do that, and so as of October 1st, food is not going to be a comfort tool for me. I am going to lose the weight again, and do it healthfully and like a normal person.

There are some things that throw wrenches in this plan though. I no longer have a gym membership (much too poor now) and since I'm so broke, food choices & grocery shopping has to be really planned & calculated. I've never had to do that stuff before - and am nervous about it. Any hints? Tips? Tricks? HELP! For those who don't know, I don't eat red meat (at home) and don't like fish much. I like a lot of vegetables, but not a lot of fruit, but know that I need to really really REALLY incorporate both into a diet for myself.

So, without the gym membership, I've become lazy. I walk about a mile a day to the bus, to work, to the bus and to home, but that's not going to be enough. I can continue to just wander around my neighborhood, but when the weather gets nasty, am I stuck inside? I think I get FitTV in all my millions of channels so I'll have to check that out, too. Maybe that will help.

My skin has been trying to eat my face from the inside out and I hate it. It makes me feel absolutely ugly and so I've been doing better about remembering to wash my face before I go to bed and remembering to keep my hands OFF my face. I am seeing my doctor on 10/3 and so I'll probably voice this face concern with her to see if she knows of anything I can eat, or not eat, to help.

I'm nervous, but now that I'm single ... and eventually DO want to date again ... I need to look and feel my best to do so. I'm done with this.

No comments: