Friday, December 08, 2006

Things Depression Does

Depression has made me forget my love of cooking.
I took this afternoon off to just be by myself and so I'm cooking my roommate and her brother dinner. It isn't really picking me up like I thought it would, but maybe when they taste it, I'll feel great about it?

I also applied to write at 451 Press specifically about my mental health and depression issues. I am thinking that it truly would help me to get things out of my own head and onto my generation's form of paper. We'll see what they think about the things I have to say.

The switch from Zoloft to Prozac hasn't been easy ... I've been on it for five days now and am starting to experience Brain Shivers from going cold turkey off my Zoloft. I'm doing it just like Dr. D told me to, and I specifically asked him "is this going to cause me any strange side effects?" because I've had these shivers before and I really don't like them ... at all. He told me that because I'm picking right up on teh Prozac it wouldn't be so severe; and while I've had these shivers worse, I still am not enjoying the feelings. Dr. D is out of the office until next Tuesday (and I see him on Wednesday) and so I have a message in for him, but we'll just make it through the weekend.

Five minutes at a time. That's all I have to do.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Bad news. According to what my doctor tells me and my research, they don't know what causes the brain shakes and they can't do much about them. I think (funny enough) sometimes Prozac is used to bridge the gap, but not when coming off quickly, it has to be planned.

Varies for different meds how long it lasts.....