Saturday, November 18, 2006

Thank you NoirBettie

NoirBettie has inspired me. Let us begin the 100 Things About Me postages!

1. My name is Sarah Elizabeth.
2. Growing up I wanted to change my name to Julie.
3. Now I think that was a dumb idea.
4. As an adult I did almost change my name ... to Elizabeth.
5. I always wanted a name you could shorten - and Sarah --> Sar doesn't just cut it for me.
6. Right now, I don't want to change my name.
7. I was born on May 29th.
8. Growing up, I had myself convinced that everything is closed on my birthday because of ME!
9. My parents let me believe that.
10. I never had to go to school on my birthday and now I don't have to work on my birthday.
11. This is still a cool fact to me.
12. My parents and I are not close.
13. I love them, but I don't particularly like them very much.
14. I have a younger sister; 4-years-younger, and I love her, but I don't like her.
15. Some days I wish we were close ... like she were my best friend ... but most days I don't (and don't care).
16. I am the only person in my immediate family who has never been arrested and to jail.
17. Because of #16 I frequently refer to myself as the WHITE sheep of the family.
18. I graduated from Oregon State University in 2004 with a BA in German.
19. I haven't used my degree in about a month ... it's been that long since I read or wrote anything in German.
20. I started out as a pre-pharmacy major and hated the program so I picked up my minor as my major.
21. I love German and don't regret getting a degree in something pretty much useless.
22. I am going to graduate school in public health though.
23. I want to do international HIV/AIDS education & prevention.
24. My first boyfriend is gay and HIV+; this breaks my heart.
25. My last boyfriend and I are divorced now.
26. In less than 30 days it could be final; and the courts recognize me as the petitioner.
27. I don't care; I know he is the true petitioner of our divorce.
28. I love the boy, but he has a lot of growing up to do and I am not in love with him.
29. I live with the coolest roommate I've ever had; Lexi.
30. She and I talk all the time, about everything.
31. We can't do homework in the same room together because we just talk and talk and talk through it.
32. She likes a drink now & then and so do I, so I no longer feel "guilty" if I have a drink with my dinner.
33. I have a friend now as well as a roommate; this warms my heart.
34. Although I had myself convinced I wasn't; I am a true romantic.
35. I want flowers, candles, sweetness and cuddling.
36. But when I want my space, I want that respected too.
37. If I ever remarry, the man will do everything; he will know what kind of ring I want, he will understand that I want a down-on-one-knee kind of thing, and he will be all mushy about it.
38. #37 will be even better if he surprises me when he does it.
39. I won't marry him until we can afford to pay for our own wedding; no one else will have "input" on our wedding.
40. It scares me to write this, but I think I'm almost ready to date.
41. I am incrediby picky though ... and I've never really dated I think I know what I want in a guy.
42. THINK is the operative word in #40.
43. If I ever have a baby girl, her name will be Helena (he-LAY-na) after my hero; Gramma K ... whose name is Helen.
44. If I had a baby boy, his name, either first or middle would be Jakob, after my Grampa K.
45. I love my mom's parents more than I love any other adult in this world.
46. Gramma K is really sick (late stage emphysema, colo-rectal cancer and the early stages of dementia) and it breaks my heart to see her like this. I will be a wreck when she dies; but I have been preparing myself for it for years already.
47. I am looking for a new job within the hospital I work for.
48. My manager hates me, I don't like her, and it's the first time in my life I've ever not gotten along with a boss.
49. I had two interviews yesterday and both went well. I'd love either job, but one more than the other. I have another interview next week.
50. I like college football a lot; especially the PAC 10 games.

1 comment:

mad said...

Hope you get the job you want. Thanks for the link!